I am in the process of switching between web hosts and it suddenly dawn on
me that I do not know how to transfer the existing mailing list user,
archives and settings to the new server.
Both servers are using MailMan for the implementation of mailing lists.

Can someone tell me how I can safely perform this transfer?

Thanks.

Michael

Search Discussions

  • Bruce Embrey at Apr 7, 2004 at 3:31 pm
    Hi,

    The following commands helped me to do this:

    bin/config_list -o filename listname
    bin/list_members -o filename listname

    These commands export to a text file the configuration settings for the
    list and the members of the list. To import the settings into the new
    list substitute -i for -o. To add the members use:

    bin/add_members -wn -an -r filename listname

    This will add them silently without sending notification of joining this
    list. Checkout the help with each command for the available switches.

    Bruce Embrey

    Bruce Edward Embrey : Linux Systems Manager
    Campus Email Admin / NETREG : UNIX / Linux Administrator
    Hood College : embrey at hood.edu : Phone (301)696-3927