<Something>-bounces is not ideal. Feel free to suggest a name change
for that alias.

HtH - Jon Carnes
On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 00:20, Faruk Ahmed wrote:
Dear Jon,

I am using Mailman version: 2.1.2. It works without no problem. But it shows
From: listname-bounces at domain.com when list member receives email. Shouldn't
it show From: listname-admin at domain.com ? I checked aliases -

test: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
test-admin: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman admin test"
test-bounces: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test"
test-confirm: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test"
test-join: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman join test"
test-leave: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman leave test"
test-owner: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"
test-request: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
test-subscribe: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"
test-unsubscribe: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test"

Any suggestion?

Faruk Ahmed

Search Discussions

  • Faruk Ahmed at Mar 11, 2004 at 6:57 am
    Hi Jon,

    Thanks for good reply.
    The new method allows Mailman to handle bounces whether a Mail Server is
    setup properly or not. I agree that having the mail sent form
    <Something>-bounces is not ideal. Feel free to suggest a name change
    for that alias.
    you can consider the following names -

    <listname>-mailman at domain.com
    <listname>-postman at domain.com
    <listname>-mailer at domain.com
    <listname>-mail-distributor at domain.com

    Thanks
    HtH - Jon Carnes
    I am using Mailman version: 2.1.2. It works without no problem.
    But it shows
    test: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
    test-admin: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman admin test"
    test-bounces: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test"
    test-confirm: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test"
    test-join: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman join test"
    test-leave: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman leave test"
    test-owner: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"
    test-request: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
    test-subscribe: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"
    test-unsubscribe: "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test"

    Any suggestion?

    Faruk Ahmed

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython