Just now, I installed Mailman2.1.4 on my computer running Fedora Core 1.
I followed INSTALL and created a new list named "ccc" for test.

Finally I got this error message.
Hi. This is the deliver program at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn.

ccc at tu069007.tsinghua.edu.cn <-------------this is my computer
550 5.1.1 ... User unknown
--- Attachment is a copy of the message.

It told me there is not a user called ccc(mail list's name)
I use Sendmail and Mailman can send me mail.
How to solve this problem?
Thanks.

gaoshan

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Sittig at Mar 5, 2004 at 9:43 am
    hi,
    i think, your mailserver (qmail or sendmail) can't delivered the mails
    or find the user.
    maybe, you should check there mailqueue, if there are some pending messages.

    ???? wrote:
    Hi,
    Just now, I installed Mailman2.1.4 on my computer running Fedora Core 1.
    I followed INSTALL and created a new list named "ccc" for test.

    Finally I got this error message.
    Hi. This is the deliver program at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn.

    ccc at tu069007.tsinghua.edu.cn <-------------this is my computer
    550 5.1.1 ... User unknown
    --- Attachment is a copy of the message.

    It told me there is not a user called ccc(mail list's name)
    I use Sendmail and Mailman can send me mail.
    How to solve this problem?
    Thanks.

    gaoshan

  • 高山 at Mar 6, 2004 at 8:23 am
    Hi,
    My description maybe not very clear.
    The problem I met is that I can not post message to my mail list.
    I sent a mail to my list via the email server B, then I got a error message,
    "there was not such a user" from B.
    At the same time, Mailman can send me message, such as "welcome join this
    mail list", "you created a mail list successfully" etc.
    I installed Sendmail 8.12.10 and Mailman 2.1.4 on the same machine.
    So the problem is the Mailman can send mails but it can't receive mail.

    i think, your mailserver (qmail or sendmail) can't delivered the mails
    or find the user.
    maybe, you should check there mailqueue, if there are some pending messages.

    ???? wrote:
    Hi,
    Just now, I installed Mailman2.1.4 on my computer running Fedora Core 1.
    I followed INSTALL and created a new list named "ccc" for test.

    Finally I got this error message.
    Hi. This is the deliver program at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.

    ccc at tu069007.tsinghua.edu.cn <-------------this is my computer
    550 5.1.1 ... User unknown
    --- Attachment is a copy of the message.

    It told me there is not a user called ccc(mail list's name)
    I use Sendmail and Mailman can send me mail.
    How to solve this problem?
    Thanks.

    gaoshan

    Searchable Archives: