through fine, i.e. the "Welcome to so-and-so list" message and the
unsubscribe message. And the rest of mailman's administrative front-end
works great.

Below is a list of fixes I have tried, based on the FAQ(s) at www.list.org

Any help would be appreciated!

-----------------------------------

I modified mm_cfg.py to read:
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'hemef.cfa.cmu.edu'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'hemef.cfa.cmu.edu'

# Because we've overriden the virtual hosts above add_virtualhost
# MUST be called after they have been defined.

add_virtualhost('hemef.cfa.cmu.edu', 'hemef.cfa.cmu.edu')

This is probably correct, because mailman IS corectly working for
server-local users.

-------------

I ran /var/mailman/bin/check_perms, which fixed permissions on a bunch of
files. Made no difference.

-----------------

The mailman-related aliases are fine.

-----------------

sendmail is running smrsh, but there is a
mailman -> /var/mailman/mail/mailman link in the /etc/smrsh directory.
It was put there by the Red Hat Package Manager, so it is probably
correct.

-----------------------------

Results of a "netstat -na : grep ":25" command yeilded:

tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

Which means sendmail (my MTA) is listening to 127.0.0.1, localhost,
which is what mailman is sending to.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- Jeff http://PlanetJeff.net

groupmailman-users @