Hi List,

so tired of Postfix or did I violate a rule I didn't know. If so,
I want to apologize, but I still didn't find anything.

One slight hint anybody?

---------------8<---------------8<-----------------8<---------------
Hi,

Using virtual domains with mailman seems to be one of the favourite
topics, but I didn't find the answer to my particular virtual domain
problem in the FAQs, Docs or Archives. Maybe I simply overlooked it
due to the huge amounts of information.

The question is: How can I force the mailman web interface of a particular
virtual host (apache) to use that same domain name for creating mailing
lists (in this case: the correct postfix virtual map)?

I want http://onedomain.tld/mailman/admin/create to create the correct
virtual maps for "onedomain.tld" and
http://anotherdomain.tld/mailman/admin/create to create the correct
virtual maps for "anotherdomain.tld.

But unfortunately, mailman always creates the postfix virtual map only
for the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.

I have all the domains in POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS and created one
add_virtualhost() entry for each domain, including DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
and DEFAULT_URL_HOST

When I browse through http://anotherdomain.tld/mailman/* which is not the
DEFAULT_URL_HOST / DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, then the interface most often shows
the correct domainname in the footers and sometimes, seemingly out of a
sudden, it switches to the DEFAULT_* name.

What can I do about this? Did I miss something?

--
D i r k F "o r s t e r l i n g
r at zorbla.de http://r at zorbla.de/

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Jan 12, 2004 at 2:58 pm

    so tired of Postfix or did I violate a rule I didn't know. If so,
    I want to apologize, but I still didn't find anything.

    One slight hint anybody?
    When you create the list, use the fully qualified domain name with it.
    For example:
    new_list at my.domain.com

    Rather than just using the name "new_list"...

    It's actually in the docs :-)
[...]

  • Dirk Försterling at Jan 12, 2004 at 3:43 pm

    new_list at my.domain.com

    Rather than just using the name "new_list"...
    Thanks for the answer. I've tried this, but I only got:

    Error: List name must not include "@"
    It's actually in the docs :-)
    Where in the docs? My blind eyes didn't find it. I'd like to read
    the passages (again?) to find out what I have to configure to make the
    web interface accept the "@".

    -dirk

    --
    D i r k F "o r s t e r l i n g
    r at zorbla.de http://r at zorbla.de/
    DAS WAR ES DANN WOHL SAG AUF :W:IEDERSEHN

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 12, '04 at 12:09p
activeJan 12, '04 at 3:43p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Dirk Försterling: 2 posts Jon Carnes: 1 post