Hi Mailman Users!

I have a question for you. I have set-up mailman 2.1.2 on my solaris
machine and everything is working fine. The hostname of the machine is
'davinci' and all the lists are set to use 'lists.mydomain.com' for
email & html - this was set in the configuration file mm_cfg.py.

Most lists use lists.mydomain.com but the master 'mailman' list still
uses the primary hostname for html links - how do I change this?

Thanks!
Timothy.

Search Discussions

  • Richard Barrett at Nov 5, 2003 at 11:06 am

    I have a question for you. I have set-up mailman 2.1.2 on my solaris
    machine and everything is working fine. The hostname of the machine is
    'davinci' and all the lists are set to use 'lists.mydomain.com' for
    email & html - this was set in the configuration file mm_cfg.py.

    Most lists use lists.mydomain.com but the master 'mailman' list still
    uses the primary hostname for html links - how do I change this?
    Using $prefix/bin/fix_url.py will do it but consider reviewing this FAQ
    entry:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
    Thanks!
    Timothy.
  • Timothy Arnold at Nov 5, 2003 at 2:26 pm
    With thanks to Richard Barrett. The command I used was:

    ./withlist -l -r fix_url mailman -v

    Thanks again!

    Timothy.
    I have a question for you. I have set-up mailman 2.1.2 on my solaris
    machine and everything is working fine. The hostname of the machine
    is 'davinci' and all the lists are set to use 'lists.mydomain.com'
    for email & html - this was set in the configuration file mm_cfg.py.

    Most lists use lists.mydomain.com but the master 'mailman' list still
    uses the primary hostname for html links - how do I change this?
    Using $prefix/bin/fix_url.py will do it but consider reviewing this
    FAQ entry:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
    Thanks!
    Timothy.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 5, '03 at 10:03a
activeNov 5, '03 at 2:26p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Timothy Arnold: 2 posts Richard Barrett: 1 post