Hello,
I run mailman on a Redhat machine, installed by up2date. Everything
seems to work fine, including web interfaces, and listing the lists. When a
message is sent to a list, an error mail is bounced back saying:

"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post Test"
(reason: 1)
(expanded from: <test@[address]>)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- post script, list not found:
test
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

I run sendmail as my MTA, and everything works fine with that.

Here is a sample entry in my aliases file:

test: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
test-admin: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin test"
test-bounces: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test"
test-confirm: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test"
test-join: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman join test"
test-leave: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman leave test"
test-owner: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"
test-request: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
test-subscribe: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"
test-unsubscribe: "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test"

The list is officially named "Test" as listed by bin/list_lists, but I tried
both test and Test in the aliases file, with no change. I am of course
running newaliases whenever changing the aliases file.

Thank you for any help and ideas, also, please respond to me
directly.

-Scott

Scott Berkman gte999p berkman at aepizeta.org AIM-SB523
(404)873-4708 http://www.aepizeta.org/~codine

Search Discussions

  • Richard Barrett at Nov 4, 2003 at 7:43 pm

    I run mailman on a Redhat machine, installed by up2date. Everything
    seems to work fine, including web interfaces, and listing the lists.
    When a
    message is sent to a list, an error mail is bounced back saying:

    "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post Test"
    (reason: 1)
    (expanded from: <test@[address]>)
    MM's $prefix/scripts/post delivery script is terminating abnormally
    with an exit code of 1. This may or may not be due to the script not
    being able to correctly identify the list termination of the post. Take
    a look at the script, it is only a few lines of simple Python code with
    comments which say what it is doing.

    Are there any entries in Mailman's errorlog file ($prefix/logs/error)
    prefixed with the string post to indicate the nature of the problem?
[...]

    Searchable Archives:

    This message was sent to: r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/
    r.barrett%40openinfo.co.uk
  • Richard Barrett at Nov 5, 2003 at 8:46 am
    Scott