list. Changing the host name for each list to listname at usm.edu, which is how
our system needs to operate, causes the problem of having
listname-request at usm.edu to appear, which needs to remain as
listname-request at ocean.otr.usm.edu

In order to get listname-request at usm.edu to work, we would have to add, for
over 1000 lists, that alias into our routing system, from which our LDAP draws
information. That would be for listname-request, listname-admin,
listname-owner, etc. We would rather not have to go through that. It would be
much simpler if there were a way to modify the default message that Mailman
sends out when someome subscribers, when user password notifications go out
once a month, etc.

Is there, perhaps, a central location that I've not run across as yet to modify
these emails to provide for 2 different host names (one for the list address,
one for the administration addresses)?

I'll be happy to clarify any part of this that I may not have made clear. :)

Thanks,

George

George Booth G.Booth at usm.edu
Systems Analyst II http://ocean.otr.usm.edu/~ghbooth
TSM, Listserv, and Web Accounts Administrator
Technology Infrastructure Unit - iTech
@
University of Southern Mississippi

groupmailman-users @