Hi again,

Is there a way to set a user to receive the individual posts as well as
the digests? As the list admin I'd liek to receive digests so I can make
sure they are sent out properly, how many a day and so forth. Right now
when I select the digest option for my email address I cease to receive
the messages as they are posted. I get around this by using a different
email address to receive digests on, but I rather just use the one email
address. Less to remember when upgrading.

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org

* Technical Writer --- CheapBytes */

  • Jeremy Portzer at Aug 26, 2003 at 4:26 pm
    I think the way you do it -- subscribe with two email addresses, and
    receive digests on one -- is the best way. I think your request is
    probably quite rare, and there's really not much of a drawback to the
    workaround you mention. I'm not sure what you mean by "less to remember
    when upgrading" -- what are you upgrading that would change your email
    address?

    --Jeremy
    Is there a way to set a user to receive the individual posts as well as
    the digests? As the list admin I'd liek to receive digests so I can make
    sure they are sent out properly, how many a day and so forth. Right now
    when I select the digest option for my email address I cease to receive
    the messages as they are posted. I get around this by using a different
    email address to receive digests on, but I rather just use the one email
    address. Less to remember when upgrading.
    Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
    GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |