Pardon my English. I' m Italian. I need to use some mailing list in my site. I need to insert in the messages sended by the mailing list to the users some element in HTML (banner or link for example) such as msg_header or msg_footer . I have found in CPanel the mailing list MailMan and i have tried to use it. All is O.K. but i do not succed to send messages with HTML in the header or in the footer. Yesterday for a moment I succeed to send messages with a footer or a header in HTML but only for some moment. Then all messages in HTML are send in TEXT PURE. Header and footer of the mailing list MailMan are always in TEXT Pure and Not in HTML. HTML code is not recognized ? Can I insert a link or a banner such as header or footer in the messages sended of the mailing list ?

Example. If the description of my site is in HTML :

In Non-digest options at the voice "Header added to mail sent to regular list members
(Details for msg_header" i write :

%(info)s
%(description)s

I make this setting at Menu "Content Filtering" :

Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the settings
below?
(Edit filter_content)
I select NO.

At pass types link i have added to the list:

text/html

Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
happens after MIME attachments have been stripped.
I select NO

BUT THE ERROR REMAIN AND HTML HEADER AND FOOTER ARE NOT RECOGNIZED !!!
PLEASE HELP ME ...

Search Discussions

  • Ares Liu at Aug 23, 2003 at 5:19 pm
    Hello, everyone

    When I use chinese subject, mailman 2.1 will get an error as follow:

    Aug 24 01:11:33 2003 (2466) Uncaught runner exception: unknown encoding:
    gb2312
    Aug 24 01:11:33 2003 (2466) Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 105, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
    File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 155, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
    File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 129, in _dispose
    status = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
    File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 152, in
    _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
    File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py", line 74, in process
    prefix_subject(mlist, msg, msgdata)
    File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py", line 253, in
    prefix_subject
    h.append(s, c)
    File "/var/mailman/pythonlib/email/Header.py", line 243, in append
    s = s.encode(outcodec)
    LookupError: unknown encoding: gb2312

    How to solve this error?

    Thanks very much!

    -Ares

    --
    Nuclear Science & Technology Virtual Research Center
    http://nst.pku.edu.cn