Hi all -

I recently upgraded to Mailman 2.1.2-r1 (via Gentoo's emerge) and have
noticed a looping python process. Taking a quick look at
/proc/<processid>, this appears to be the outgoing runner. Left alone,
it will use 100% of the CPU. Last time I killed it, it had accumulated
over 7000 minutes of CPU time...

Any suggestions?

Kevin C.

Search Discussions

  • Kevinc at Aug 22, 2003 at 3:29 pm
    Hi all -

    I recently upgraded to Mailman 2.1.2-r1 (via Gentoo's emerge) and have
    noticed a looping python process. Taking a quick look at
    /proc/<processid>, this appears to be the outgoing runner. Left alone,
    it will use 100% of the CPU. One time I killed it, it had accumulated
    over 7000 minutes of CPU time...

    Fortunetly, the lists appear to be working, but this is eating up one
    processor on my dual processor mail server.

    Any suggestions?

    Kevin C.
  • Kevinc at Aug 22, 2003 at 8:30 pm
    Just an update since I posted this:

    I pulled the primary distribution and rebuilt by hand just to make sure
    Gentoo didn't have anything to do with the problem. Same results. I
    didn't see this under 2.1.0, but suffered a data corruption to one of the
    list .pck files under that release.

    Kevin C.
    Hi all -

    I recently upgraded to Mailman 2.1.2-r1 (via Gentoo's emerge) and have
    noticed a looping python process. Taking a quick look at
    /proc/<processid>, this appears to be the outgoing runner. Left alone,
    it will use 100% of the CPU. Last time I killed it, it had accumulated
    over 7000 minutes of CPU time...

    Any suggestions?

    Kevin C.

groupmailman-users @