Hi,folks

Does anyone have experience of converting a Lyris mailing list
archive to mailman?

I am trying to convert a mailing list from Lyris to Mailman. I used
exp-arc.pl(which came with Lyris) to extract archive to a .mbox file
and strip those CR/LF. I created a list in mailman with the same name
and put this .mbox under archives/private/hdfnet.mbox/hdfnet.box,then
I run "arch" command from mailman/bin like this

./arch hdfnet /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/hdfnet.mbox/hdfnet.mbox

I got such error message

Updating HTML for article 182
Updating index files for archive [2002-December]
Date
Subject
Author
Thread
Computing threaded index
Updating HTML for article 183
Pickling archive state into /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/hdfnet/pipermail.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/arch", line 186, in ?
main()
File "bin/arch", line 174, in main
archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, start, end)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 544, in processUnixMailbox
m = mbox.next()
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/mailbox.py", line 33, in next
return self.factory(_Subfile(self.fp, start, stop))
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 79, in scrubber
return mailbox.scrub(msg)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 99, in scrub
return self._scrubber(self._mlist, msg)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 132, in process
dir = calculate_attachments_dir(mlist, msg, msgdata)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 93, in calculate_attachments_dir
datedir = safe_strftime(fmt, now)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 77, in safe_strftime
return time.strftime(fmt, floatsecs)
TypeError: argument must be 9-item sequence, not None

and in mailman web interface, I only got monthly archive up to 2002
Dec.

anyone can help me?

thanks a lot in advance!

--
Best regards,
Zhang mailto:zqu at bellanet.org

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Aug 5, 2003 at 11:54 am
    Zahng,

    Try the arch again, and if it bombs in the same place, then most likely
    you have a problem with one of the headers in the mbox.

    If there is a message header (in the mbox) that is malformed or out of
    spec you should be able to trace this down by looking at the last
    message in the generated archives and then diving back into the mbox to
    find that message. The message after that one is a likely culprit.

    Once you look, it normally becomes fairly obvious what the error is.
    I've run into this several times at clients. With a little patience and
    the help of a few scripts you should be able weed this out easily.

    A troubleshooting technique I sometimes use on very large mboxes, is to
    break the mbox up (say by month or by year) and then arch one piece of
    it at a time.

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython