Hi
I just converted MTA to postfix now I'm getting this error when a list is sent to any suggestion how to fix. Pleas be detailed if you could.....I'm not the regular tech on this one.......its holiday time

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.whateverdomain.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:26:40 -0600 (CST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; stcinc at whateverdomain.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
"/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post stcinc". Command output: Failure to exec
script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99. (Reconfigure to take 99?)

Search Discussions

  • Greg at Jul 7, 2003 at 9:05 pm

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; stcinc at whateverdomain.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post stcinc". Command output: Failure to exec
    script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99. (Reconfigure to take 99?)
  • Richard Barrett at Jul 7, 2003 at 9:23 pm

    Final-Recipient: rfc822; stcinc at whateverdomain.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 2:
    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post stcinc". Command output: Failure to exec
    script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 99. (Reconfigure to take 99?)
    The INSTALL file for Mailman contains the following:

    <quote>
    2. Running configure

    TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF THE --with-mail-gid AND --with-cgi-gid
    OPTIONS BELOW. YOU WILL PROBABLY NEED TO USE THESE!

    --with-mail-gid=<group-or-groups>
    Specify an alternative group for running scripts via the
    mail wrapper. <group-or-groups> can be a list of one or
    more integer group ids or symbolic group names. The first
    value in the list that resolves to an existing group is
    used. By default, the value is the list
    `mailman other mail daemon'.

    This is highly system dependent and you must get this
    right, because the group id is compiled into the mail
    wrapper program for added security. On systems using
    sendmail, the sendmail.cf configuration file designates
    the group id of sendmail processes using the "DefaultUser"
    option. (If commented out, it still may be indicating the
    default...)

    Check your MTA's documentation and configuration files to
    find the right value for this switch.
    </quote>

    Richard Barrett http://www.openinfo.co.uk
  • Jordi Gil at Jul 17, 2003 at 8:16 am
    I want to configure mailman with qmail on a RedHat 8.0 I have installed
    the rpm paquets my qmail is running but I want to configure my mailman
    paquet to run over my system, can anybody help me?
  • Hiswamy at Jul 18, 2003 at 11:56 am
    Hi,

    Iam facing following 2 errors while dealing withy mailman's mailing list through cpanel

    1) While trying to edit an existing mailing list it is showing an internal server. The link of the error page is

    http://domainname/mailman/admin/board_cufcc.org

    2) While trying to add a new mailing list through cpanel interface, Iam getting the error

    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/mailinglistname_domainname/confif.pck'

    Please help me in fixing the error. I have the root access for the server.

    Thanks
    Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com
    Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com
    Bid for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now !