I posted this once already and tried on suggested solution that basically
destroyed my python installation. I had to reinstall python and mailman and
I'm back to this exact same problem. To add to this symptom, the icons don't
show up. They seemed to have been moved or a link isn't being created in the
package.

Before I try to install from the .tar, is this related to a poor debian
package or is it something inherent in 2.1.2 on Debian? Or, a true solution
would be helpful.

Thanks,

David Cornelson

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.2
We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!
Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
main()
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 96, in main
process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata, language)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 176, in
process_form
mlist.AddMember(userdesc, remote)
File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 831, in AddMember
text=text, lang=lang)
File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 206, in __init__
errors='replace')
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'errors'

Python information:
Variable
Value
sys.version
2.2.2 (#1, Mar 21 2003, 23:01:54) [GCC 3.2.3 20030316 (Debian prerelease)]
sys.executable
/usr/bin/python
sys.prefix
/usr
sys.exec_prefix
/usr
sys.path
/usr
sys.platform
linux2
Environment variables:
Variable
Value
HTTP_ACCEPT
image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
CONTENT_TYPE
application/x-www-form-urlencoded
HTTP_REFERER
http://plover.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/beta
SERVER_SOFTWARE
Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux mod_jk/1.1.0 DAV/1.0.3
PYTHONPATH
/var/lib/mailman
SCRIPT_FILENAME
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe
SERVER_ADMIN
root at plover.net
SCRIPT_NAME
/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe
SERVER_SIGNATURE

REQUEST_METHOD
POST
HTTP_HOST
plover.net
PATH_INFO
/beta
SERVER_PROTOCOL
HTTP/1.1
QUERY_STRING

HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL
no-cache
REQUEST_URI
/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe/beta
CONTENT_LENGTH
112
PATH_TRANSLATED
/home/httpd/html/beta
HTTP_USER_AGENT
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
HTTP_CONNECTION
Keep-Alive
SERVER_NAME
plover.net
REMOTE_ADDR
64.81.228.28
REMOTE_PORT
8026
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE
en-us
SERVER_ADDR
64.81.228.29
SERVER_PORT
80
GATEWAY_INTERFACE
CGI/1.1
REMOTE_HOST
dsl081-228-028.chi1.dsl.speakeasy.net
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING
gzip, deflate
UNIQUE_ID
Pwb at wUBR5B0AAD6CLHA
DOCUMENT_ROOT
/home/httpd/html

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Jul 5, 2003 at 5:03 pm
    You should try contacting the Debian maintainer for Mailman. I'm sure
    they would be able to help you - in fact they are probably on this
    list...

    Reporting problems in Debian packages
    =====================================
    If you would like to file a bug against a Debian package, we have a bug
    tracking system where you can easily report your problem. Please read
    the instructions for filing bug reports:
    http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

    If you simply want to communicate with the maintainer of a Debian
    package, then you can use the special mail aliases set up for each
    package. Any mail sent to <package name>@packages.debian.org will be
    forwarded to the maintainer responsible for that package.

    ======
    If that doesn't get a proper response by Monday night, try the install
    from source. It's a lot easier than you think.

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 5, '03 at 4:45p
activeJul 5, '03 at 5:03p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Jon Carnes: 1 post David A. Cornelson: 1 post