I have Mailman 2.1.2 installed on a Debian box. I run Exim and this was
working fine until a recent upgrade via Apt-Get.

Can anyone help?

Here's the error page:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.2

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in run_main
main()
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 96, in main
process_form(mlist, doc, cgidata, language)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py", line 176, in
process_form
mlist.AddMember(userdesc, remote)
File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 831, in AddMember
text=text, lang=lang)
File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 206, in __init__
errors='replace')
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'errors'

_____

Python information:

Variable

Value

sys.version

2.2.2 (#1, Mar 21 2003, 23:01:54) [GCC 3.2.3 20030316 (Debian prerelease)]

sys.executable

/usr/bin/python

sys.prefix

/usr

sys.exec_prefix

/usr

sys.path

/usr

sys.platform

linux2

_____

Environment variables:

Variable

Value

HTTP_ACCEPT

image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*

CONTENT_TYPE

application/x-www-form-urlencoded

HTTP_REFERER

SERVER_SOFTWARE

Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux mod_jk/1.1.0 DAV/1.0.3

PYTHONPATH

/var/lib/mailman

SCRIPT_FILENAME

/usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe

SERVER_ADMIN

root at plover.net

SCRIPT_NAME

/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe

SERVER_SIGNATURE

REQUEST_METHOD

POST

HTTP_HOST

plover.net

PATH_INFO

/beta

SERVER_PROTOCOL

HTTP/1.1

QUERY_STRING

HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL

no-cache

REQUEST_URI

/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe/beta

CONTENT_LENGTH

115

PATH_TRANSLATED

/home/httpd/html/beta

HTTP_USER_AGENT

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

HTTP_CONNECTION

Keep-Alive

SERVER_NAME

plover.net

REMOTE_ADDR

64.81.228.28

REMOTE_PORT

8200

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE

en-us

SERVER_ADDR

64.81.228.29

SERVER_PORT

80

GATEWAY_INTERFACE

CGI/1.1

REMOTE_HOST

dsl081-228-028.chi1.dsl.speakeasy.net

HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING

gzip, deflate

UNIQUE_ID

PwERGEBR5B0AAB4HGxM

DOCUMENT_ROOT

/home/httpd/html

Search Discussions

  • Johannes Posel at Jul 1, 2003 at 12:31 pm
    Dear David,

    Am 01.07.2003, um 06:47, gab David A. Cornelson zu Protokoll...
    I have Mailman 2.1.2 installed on a Debian box. I run Exim and this was
    working fine until a recent upgrade via Apt-Get.
    Exactly the same problem here. Any chance to fix it?

    Cheers,
    Johannes mailto:jposel at zedat.fu-berlin.de

    --
    Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of Life.
  • John W. M. Stevens at Jul 1, 2003 at 1:31 pm