I am writing to clarify if there is any current upgrade to deal with the
problem of custom welcome messages.

We would like to have a custom message, but we have these dliemmas. We want
to turn off the default welcome message and replace it with a custom one,
but we cannot do this. We can prepend, but only to the default message. If
we turn off the default message, we cannot prepend.

We would like a web interface so we could customize the stock default
welcome message.

Please advise...

- jay
Jay Palter
jay at neteffect.ca | 416-350-8376, ext. 223
jay at givex.com | 416-350-9660, ext. 223
Deliveries | 366 Adelaide St. West, Unit 400, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1R9
Fax | 416-352-5403

Search Discussions

  • Todd at Jun 16, 2003 at 3:01 pm

    Jay Palter wrote:
    We would like a web interface so we could customize the stock default
    welcome message.
    I'm not sure what implications, security or otherwise, this would cause, but
    you can tweak ~mailman/Mailman/Cgi/edithtml.py and add the subscribeack.txt
    template to the list of files that Mailman will let you edit via the "Edit
    the public HTML pages" admin page. Just look for where template_data is
    defined and add the templates you want to show up and you can then edit
    them. I did this on a small site and as far as I could tell it worked well.

    - --
    Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
    ===========================================================================The Constitution continues to remain no threat to our current form of
    government.