Hello, i've installed mailman 2.1.2 in Mandrake 9.0
all looks to be good, but i can't start daemon.
I can create a list, and admin it, but the list don't send.
sendmail is working fine (after smrsh problem solved)
here is the reply of the system... thanks

[root at pc6426 mailman]# bin/mailmanctl start
Arrancando el qrunner maestro de Mailman
[root at pc6426 mailman]# Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 77, in ?
from Mailman.i18n import _
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py", line 19, in ?
import gettext
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/gettext.py", line 49, in ?
from errno import ENOENT
ImportError: No module named errno

--
Javier Romero Casado
tel.913357274

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at May 25, 2003 at 4:03 pm
    If the error message can be believed then you are missing some python
    modules. This is a common problem with default Distribution installs of
    Python. The distributions only include the modules used by their
    default apps.

    Another problem is that RPM maintainers for Mailman often overlook the
    Python requirements in their rpm-requires for Mailman.

    Try installing every rpm from your distribution that has "python" in
    it. For Mandrake 9.1 I posted a message last month that pointed to all
    the rpm's that needed to be loaded. Mdk 9.0 probably has similar
    requirements.

    Searchable Archives:

    Jon Carnes
[...]

  • Oliver Egginger at May 25, 2003 at 4:11 pm

    This is a common problem with default Distribution installs of
    Python.
    Not in this case see:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers at python.org/msg06281.html

    - oliver