Hello list

I'm using mailman 2.1.1 and everything works fine, but the
html pages for the public archive dosen't have absolutes URL
for Thread, Subject, Author, Date, Text Gzip and download full raw
archive...

The problem is that I'm importing that html into a php page, and I need
the full url for all the links, right now I'm getting
http://mysite.com/2003-May/subject.html insted of
http://mysite.com/pipermail/list/2003-May/subject.html

the links in my public archive html are like 2003-May/subject.html,
2003-May/thread.html
and so on, is there any way to change that, so
http://mysite.com/pipermail/list generates
the html with the full urls of each link?? or can you tell me where in
the code can I change
it?, I tried to search the mailman code for it, but got lost :(

Any ideas or work arounds will be appreciated...

Thanx

--Paco

Search Discussions

  • Richard Barrett at May 18, 2003 at 10:13 pm

    I'm using mailman 2.1.1 and everything works fine, but the
    html pages for the public archive dosen't have absolutes URL
    for Thread, Subject, Author, Date, Text Gzip and download full raw
    archive...

    The problem is that I'm importing that html into a php page, and I need
    the full url for all the links, right now I'm getting
    http://mysite.com/2003-May/subject.html insted of
    http://mysite.com/pipermail/list/2003-May/subject.html

    the links in my public archive html are like 2003-May/subject.html,
    2003-May/thread.html
    and so on, is there any way to change that, so
    http://mysite.com/pipermail/list generates
    the html with the full urls of each link?? or can you tell me where in the
    code can I change
    it?, I tried to search the mailman code for it, but got lost :(

    Any ideas or work arounds will be appreciated...
    Fix the code that is screen scraping the list's web pages.

    Now if you were using a decent language like Python instead of PHP you
    would find Python's urlparse module and its urljoin function do exactly
    what you want: look at the Python documentation. I am surprised PHP doesn't
    have a module to do this; something based on the PHP parse_url function. It
    wouldn't need rocket science to extend it to do the necessary.
    Thanx

    --Paco
    Richard Barrett http://www.openinfo.co.uk

groupmailman-users @