Hello,

This is a mailman 2.1-8 on RH9. When issuing:

# bin/mailmanctl start
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bin/mailmanctl", line 524, in ?
main()
File "bin/mailmanctl", line 319, in main
check_privs()
File "bin/mailmanctl", line 274, in check_privs
gid = grp.getgrnam(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
KeyError: getgrnam(): name not found

What's going on? Can someone give me a hand?

How is it that the default installation on RH9 doesn't run?

Thanks!

/B

--

--- Bruno Mattarollo <bruno at web1.greenpeace.org> ---
SysAdmin & TechLead - Greenpeace International

  • Bruno Mattarollo at May 15, 2003 at 7:46 pm
    Ok, my apologies, I just filled-in MAILMAN_GROUP in Defaults.py and it
    worked .. There are no instructions for this ... Anyways it work

    /B
    This is a mailman 2.1-8 on RH9. When issuing:

    # bin/mailmanctl start
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "bin/mailmanctl", line 524, in ?
    main()
    File "bin/mailmanctl", line 319, in main
    check_privs()
    File "bin/mailmanctl", line 274, in check_privs
    gid = grp.getgrnam(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_GROUP)[2]
    KeyError: getgrnam(): name not found

    What's going on? Can someone give me a hand?

    How is it that the default installation on RH9 doesn't run?

    Thanks!

    /B
    --

    --- Bruno Mattarollo <bruno at web1.greenpeace.org> ---
    SysAdmin & TechLead - Greenpeace International
    http://www.greenpeace.org/
  • Tom Eastep at May 15, 2003 at 8:15 pm