Hi all,

I'm also having the problem where HTML mail is scrubbed when it it wrapped up in the archives. I think this has been reported before, but the only answer was to use MHonArc rather than the built in archiver for Mailman. I was hoping that there was another answer since me not smart.

A search of the archives proves that there probably isn't and I'm now pouring over the MHonArc FAQ entries. A quick question - if I implement MHonArc, will the archives it creates fix the broken emails in my current archives?

Doug Roberts
droberts at statalabs.com

Search Discussions

  • Adam Boettiger at Apr 17, 2003 at 7:48 pm
    I have a dilemma that I'm hoping a more advanced list owner can help me
    with.

    Running mm 2.1.1

    I really, *really* need the ability to modify held messages - for spelling,
    typos, quotes that are too lengthy etc.

    I've read the patch that provides this feature and it appears that:
    You must set HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES = 0 in your
    installation's mm_cfg.py for this to work. I may
    support pickles in a future version. Personally I
    don't see that much performance difference anyway, not
    on the held stuff... Also note that if you had
    HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES = 1 (the default) when you
    created a list, you must recreate it after changing
    that variable.
    If indeed I do need to recreate all of my lists after changing the pickle
    setting, I need to know how to do this in such a manner that all delivery
    settings and preferences are kept for the list members and in such a way
    that they do not receive a Welcome message when I recreate the lists.

    Is there a way to export a list of listmembers *by setting* that I can then
    reimport once the list is recreated, or is there really an easier way of
    doing this, like just moving a file and moving it back after setting the
    pickles to 0. ??

    Thanks in advance,

    AB
  • Tokio Kikuchi at Apr 17, 2003 at 11:46 pm

    Doug Roberts wrote:
    Hi all,

    I'm also having the problem where HTML mail is scrubbed when it it wrapped up in the archives. I think this has been reported before, but the only answer was to use MHonArc rather than the built in archiver for Mailman. I was hoping that there was another answer since me not smart.
    Have you tried this ?
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-April/028059.html

    http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/
  • Doug Roberts at Apr 18, 2003 at 12:01 am

    Thanks for the pointer, but setting it to 3 scrubbed the HTML still. This is from that file, which may explain why:

    # Note: given the current archiving code, it is not possible to leave
    # text/html parts inline and un-escaped. I wouldn't think it'd be a good idea
    # to do anyway.

    If I read that right, it looks like I'll be hacking away with MHonArc.

    Doug Roberts
    droberts at statalabs.com

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython