Hi, I've searched the FAQ's and other docmentation but either the
information to too cryptic or I'm just lost, but I need help converting a
quite large private archive to become publically available. What I
probably need is someone who can tick off the steps for moving it from
private to public. Sorry to be so clumsy. I've been reading this list
for over a year, but I haven't seen this described so far.

I have operated several politically oriented mail lists since the mid
'90's and the list members have agreed the information should be
searchable via the web and search engines.

I'm using Mailman 2.0.11 and Exim version 3.35 mail server. I have
successfully converted all the previous majordomo archives to Mailman
mboxes in the mailman/private/ directory.

Could someone either list the step by step or point me to a specific place
where the step by step is described.

TIA!

Bill

Search Discussions

  • Todd at Apr 18, 2003 at 2:00 am

    Bill Selmeier wrote:
    I'm using Mailman 2.0.11 and Exim version 3.35 mail server. I have
    successfully converted all the previous majordomo archives to Mailman
    mboxes in the mailman/private/ directory.
    I'm not sure if I follow exactly what point you're at. Do you have the
    archives working in Mailman as private archives or do you only have the
    mboxes created?

    If you have private archives in Mailman and want to make them public, you
    should only have to toggle the public/private radio button on the archives
    page of the web admin area for the list.

    If you haven't gotten the archives completely converted from majordomo yet
    you will need to use the arch command in ~mailman/bin to create the html
    archives.

    The mbox files should be in:

    ~mailman/archives/private/<list>.mbox/<list>.mbox

    Am I understanding you correctly? If so, I hope this helps.

    - --
    Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
    ===========================================================================Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
    -- Publius Cornelius Tacitus, Roman historian, AD 56 - c. 120
  • Bill Selmeier at Apr 18, 2003 at 2:22 am