Howdy folks

I've seem to have run into an error that has me stumped.

This is what I've got:

System RedHat 7.2
Python Version 2.2.2
check_perms runs clean

Everything seems to go fine until I start the mailman qunner daemon and it
spits out the following

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 77, in ?
from Mailman.i18n import _
File "/home/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py", line 18, in ?
import time
ImportError: No module named time

Any ideas would be appreceated

Thanks

-Carl

Search Discussions

  • Richard Barrett at Apr 15, 2003 at 6:21 am

    I've seem to have run into an error that has me stumped.

    This is what I've got:

    System RedHat 7.2
    Python Version 2.2.2
    check_perms runs clean

    Everything seems to go fine until I start the mailman qunner daemon and it
    spits out the following

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/home/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 77, in ?
    from Mailman.i18n import _
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py", line 18, in ?
    import time
    ImportError: No module named time
    One the face of it, this is not a Mailman problem per se but a Python
    installation problem.

    If you run Python from the command line and enter the 'import time' line,
    do you get the same problem?

    If so, then your problem is that the time module has not been successfully
    built when installing Python.

    If not, then maybe somebody else can advise you.
    Any ideas would be appreceated

    Thanks

    -Carl
  • Jon Carnes at Apr 15, 2003 at 1:30 pm
    Richard is right. Those crazy Red Hat guys decided that they don't use
    a lot of the Python modules so they would just clean things up a bit and
    tuck those unused bits into python-dev rpms.

    The moral, grab your CD's and install any RPM that has "python" in it.

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes