When I run apt-get update I get this, if its any help:

Setting up mailman (2.1.1-4) ...
No updates are necessary.
Site list is missing: mailman
invoke-rc.d: initscript mailman, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing mailman (--configure):
mailman

  • Sylvain Langlade at Apr 15, 2003 at 9:22 am

    Setting up mailman (2.1.1-4) ...
    No updates are necessary.
    Site list is missing: mailman
    invoke-rc.d: initscript mailman, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing mailman (--configure):
    mailman
    cd to your $prefix/bin directory (when constructed from source, this is
    /usr/local/mailman/bin by default). If you don't where to look just search
    for a mailmanctl file.

    Issue a ./list_lists command, and see if your pre-existant lists are still
    here. Reading your messages, it looks like it zeroed your configuration
    during the process (not finding the mailman list, which is the "root" one).

    Maybe it's just a path mismatch where it doesn't look in the right
    directories to find data about your list & stuff.

    HTH.
  • Richard Barrett at Apr 15, 2003 at 9:25 am

    When I run apt-get update I get this, if its any help:

    Setting up mailman (2.1.1-4) ...
    No updates are necessary.
    Site list is missing: mailman
    invoke-rc.d: initscript mailman, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing mailman (--configure):
    mailman
    you need to add the new list's mail aliases to your MTA alias database and
    then try running whatever Mailman startup script you system is using.

    [Where above, $prefix is the name of the directory into which the Mailman
    software is installed]

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 15, '03 at 8:48a