Hi everybody,

I am after some help again with my web pages I have just added a second
list to my system managed by one of my users I user newlist and put the
new names in the alias file ran newaliases ..
then restarted httpd but it has stopped my http server and I dont have
any new pages for the new list.
is there anything else I have missed, that I should have don't for the
new list, the email part is working fine just no web pages ..
My system is
Redhat 8.0
mailman 2.0.13-3
sendmail
mailman dir is
/var/mailman

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Apr 13, 2003 at 1:19 am
    Well first of all, there was not need to re-start the webserver.

    Were the webpages working previously?
    And after the re-start, now they don't?

    That being the case, did you much with the websever configuration? You
    shouldn't have.

    If you are running apache you should have something like this in your
    /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file:

    #
    # httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
    #

    ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
    <Directory /var/mailman/archives>
    Options +FollowSymlinks
    </Directory>

    #
    # Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com
    # with your server's name, to redirect queries to /mailman
    # to the listinfo page (recommended).

    Make sure your webserver is actually running! Best of Luck - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com

groupmailman-users @