Hi -

I run mailman on a 4 digit list for my society.
I just bulk load our maillist from a file, without
the notification option enabled so that the change
of server would be transparent. Now nobody
knows their password. They shouldn't need a
password to unsubscribe.

This is a real pain for the mail list manager. People
are forced to unsubscribe by either requesting their
password, or requesting that I manually remove them.

There must be a better way. I will not make the admin
password available to the subscriber. Can I disable the
unsubscribe password requirement? Can I force mailman
to generate the same password for all the new subscribers?

Help!

- Don V Black

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Join the Pros at your IEEE Computer Society
http://www.IEEE-OCCS.org

Digital ChoreoGraphics http://www.dcgfx.com
3D Visualization Software Design & Development
1-949-548-1969 dcg02 at softcafe.net

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 26, '03 at 5:36a