Howdy,

Upgraded my RH 8 to Python 2.2.2 and Mailman 2.1.1

Now I'm trying to get my test lists to work.

Currently, I am receiving no email from Mailman.

Emails going into Mailman are received. After my initial tests and 3
days of debugging, the Sendmail logs seemed normal and all of the
QFiles had a backlog. So I thought, maybe a qfile was jamming the
system. I moved the qfile files to temporarily directory. Then tried
subscribing through the user website and my virgin qfile has 10 files
in it (nothing in the other qfiles). I have not received any type of
confirmation email and am not listed on the admin subscription page.

Any ideas what is preventing the completion of Mailman? Could it be a
security or interface problem with Sendmail? Could it be a problem
with the Mailman database or within the program?

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated -- I've came to the
limit of my knowledge and the docs.

George Halley

Search Discussions

  • Todd at Mar 25, 2003 at 7:39 pm

    ghhalley wrote:
    Upgraded my RH 8 to Python 2.2.2 and Mailman 2.1.1 [...]
    Currently, I am receiving no email from Mailman.

    Emails going into Mailman are received. After my initial tests and 3 days
    of debugging, the Sendmail logs seemed normal and all of the QFiles had a
    backlog. So I thought, maybe a qfile was jamming the system. I moved the
    qfile files to temporarily directory. Then tried subscribing through the
    user website and my virgin qfile has 10 files in it (nothing in the other
    qfiles). I have not received any type of confirmation email and am not
    listed on the admin subscription page.

    Any ideas what is preventing the completion of Mailman?
    Is mailmanctl running? This is different than the way the qrunners worked
    in 2.0.x, where they ran from a cron job. They now are run via the
    mailmanctl daemon.
    Could it be a security or interface problem with Sendmail?
    I don't think so, usually if that's the case you see smrsh errors.
    Could it be a problem with the Mailman database or within the program?
    I guess that's possible. If mailmanctl is indeed started, look for clues
    in the mailman logs directory.

    - --
    Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
    ==========================================================================="There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government
    working for you."
    -- Will Rogers.
  • Ghhalley at Mar 25, 2003 at 7:56 pm
    Thanks for the help,

    OK mailmanctl was not running. I started it up and got a confirmation
    message.

    It should have been running, as the the Mailman init.d files are already
    set to run.

    Is mailmanctl daemon always on? Should I see it with ps -e at all
    times?

    What is its purpose? I thought the Mailman wrapper was the major
    program -- is this just a traffic manager and logger? or does it do
    greater functions?

    George

    This message was sent to: GHHalley at earthlink.net
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/ghhalley%40earthlink.net
  • Richard Barrett at Mar 26, 2003 at 11:14 am