I recently installed Mailman, replacing Majordomo, and I just used the
mass subscription feature and fed it my Majordomo subscriber lists. I'm
wondering what, if any, my subscribers' initial passwords are, or how I
could set them.

Thanks,

-- Duke.

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Mar 14, 2003 at 7:11 am
    Mailman does not come with any facilities to look at the passwords
    (though they are stored in plain text inside the database - so you could
    examine them by using "strings config.pck"), but I believe there is an
    FAQ that has a work-around to dump out the passwords, and there are more
    than a few articles in the Archives about possible ways of modifying
    those passwords.

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com
  • Will Yardley at Mar 14, 2003 at 8:06 pm