Hi...

Crontab is returning this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cron/checkdbs", line 136, in ?
main()
File "cron/checkdbs", line 80, in main
text += '\n' + pending_requests(mlist)
File "cron/checkdbs", line 123, in pending_requests
text = NL.join(pending)
UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

Any help ? Any hint ? We are using Mailman 2.1.1 and Python 2.2.2.

Thanks in advance.

[]s, Jero

Search Discussions

  • Tokio Kikuchi at Feb 15, 2003 at 10:53 am
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?funcÞtail&atid0103&aidh3833&group_id3

    Jeronimo de A Barros wrote:
    Hi...

    Crontab is returning this error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "cron/checkdbs", line 136, in ?
    main()
    File "cron/checkdbs", line 80, in main
    text += '\n' + pending_requests(mlist)
    File "cron/checkdbs", line 123, in pending_requests
    text = NL.join(pending)
    UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

    Any help ? Any hint ? We are using Mailman 2.1.1 and Python 2.2.2.

    Thanks in advance.

    []s, Jero
  • Lisa Soto at Feb 26, 2003 at 9:41 pm
    Hello,

    I've looked in the archives and found 2 articles on this problem, but
    those fixes haven't helped.

    When I run (or when it runs from cron) checkdbs, I get the following:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./checkdbs", line 139, in ?
    main()
    File "./checkdbs", line 80, in main
    text += '\n' + pending_requests(mlist)
    File "./checkdbs", line 99, in pending_requests
    for id in mlist.GetSubscriptionIds():
    File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 157, in
    GetSubscriptionIds
    return self.__getmsgids(SUBSCRIPTION)
    File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 149, in __getmsgids
    ids = [k for k, (type, data) in self.__db.items() if type == rtype]
    ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

    I tried applying the checkdbs patch, to no effect, and also tried
    removing the files from /var/lib/mailman/data.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Lisa Soto
    lsoto at bnl.gov
    (631) 344-2009
    Systems Administrator
    Enterprise Unix Services
  • Jon Carnes at Feb 27, 2003 at 2:57 pm
    Is the problem on all your lists or just one list?

    If it is on all your lists, then I would suspect Mailman as the
    problem. If it is on one or just a few of your lists then there may be
    a problem with those configuration files.

    Can you tell more about your system and how you installed Mailman? Was
    this an upgrade? Was Mailman ever working?

    lsoto at bnl.gov
    (631) 344-2009
    Systems Administrator
    Enterprise Unix Services