Hello,
what is the correct procedure to trmove sole old archive files of a list?

If I simply delete the files, will Mailman take care to rebuild the indexes?

Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,
Luigi

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Feb 9, 2003 at 5:38 pm
    The procedure is well documented in the archives:
    edit ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox>

    When you edit this file delete any emails that you wish to remove from
    the archives (normally folks delete the early emails at the beginning of
    the file).

    For versions before Mailman 2.1 you will need to backup and delete the
    existing html archive files.
    cd ~mailman/archives/private/
    mkdir <listname>.bak
    cp -a <listname>/* <listname>.bak
    rm -rf <listname>/*

    Recreate the html archive files
    ~mailman/bin/arch <listname>

    Note: the arch command for Mailman version 2.1 has the option "--wipe"
    which if used will automagically remove the old archive files before
    re-archiving the mail.

    Note 2: archiving takes a long time and a lot of cpu. If you have a lot
    of mail in the archives be patient.

    HtH - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at