I use Mailman as part of a website hosting package to host a discussion list
with 750 active subscribers, with up to 30 messages a day. My host recently
told me that the list is generating too much traffic. So I need to move the
list

I have another host which uses EZMLM. They've told me that this level of
traffic would be no problem to them

However, to move to another host I need to subscribe the current subscribers
at the new host.

Question 1 - Is there any way I can get the list of subscribers, preferably
in a readable format, preferably with their settings (nomail, digest, etc).
Please note that I don't have access to the server, however I can ask my
host to do do it for me (provided I can give them simple instructions which
don't take too long to do and won't affect the other websites or lists)

Question 2 - Alternatively, does anyone know of a hosting package (I am not
ready for a dedicated server yet, alas) which includes Mailman which will
allow this sort of volume

Many thanks,

Coen

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Jan 29, 2003 at 9:44 pm
    Your current host should be able to send you the config.db file for each
    of your lists. Using that you can simply install the same version of
    mailman, create the same listnames, then copy in the config.db files.
    After which you will need to use the with-list command to modify the
    hostnames in the config.db files

    You might also want the mbox files from your current host so that you
    can regenerate the archives of the list (assuming you had archives...)

    ~mailman/lists/<listnamd>/config.db
    ~mailman/archives/private/<listname.mbox>/<listname.mbox

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 29, '03 at 10:51a
activeJan 29, '03 at 9:44p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Coen de Groot: 1 post Jon Carnes: 1 post