Hi all,
I have Mailman 2.1 installed running with qmail, i have been using the
Mailman+qmail configuration for a while, but just now making the upgrade to
MM 2.1.
I was very happy to see the "create a new mailing list" in the admin page. I
have it all working with virtual domains, and its great.
I do have one question. Is there a way to use the create cgi to also kick
off creation of .qmail aliases for that list, maybe from create.py? i have
a small shell script that creates the aliases, but don't know how to kick
off the script after the list has been created from the same process.
Anyone done this ??
ideas?
thanks
--rodrigo

  • Jon Carnes at Jan 28, 2003 at 2:34 am
    How about using a small script that is kicked off every 5 minutes via a
    cron job?

    Something like this (that looks at the last time the ~mailman/lists
    directory was modified)...

    LDT1=`ls -ld /usr/local/mailman/lists`
    LDT2=`cat /usr/local/mailman/checklist LDT 2>/dev/null`
    if [ "$LDT1" = "$LDT2" ]; then exit 0 ; fi
    # if the listing for the ~mailman/lists directory
    # hasn't changed then no lists have been created or deleted
    insert your script commands here...

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 28, '03 at 1:23a
activeJan 28, '03 at 2:34a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Rodrigo Lagos: 1 post Jon Carnes: 1 post