Howdy,

I'm subscribed to a number of Mailman lists in digest form. There is a
marked difference between the topic lists generated by Mailman 2.0.x and
Mailman 2.1.

Many of the topic lines are split at odd places, making reading them
very arduous. Line breaks at the beginning of the topic or in the
middle are not uncommon, and sometimes the line break is in the middle
of a word!

An example: the Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 68 has the following
topic list:
Today's Topics:

1. finding list members (Eric Luhrs)
2. Re: finding list members (John DeCarlo)
3. Re: Forbidden ( No ACCESS to Mailman )
(Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
4. RE: Machine in unresponsive (Jon Carnes)
5. Re: Forbidden ( No ACCESS to Mailman ) (Satya)
6. Re: Forbidden ( No ACCESS to Mailman )
(Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
7. Odd error in smtp-failure log (David Gibbs)
8. deleting a list (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
9. Re: deleting a list (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
10. deleting a list - rmlist does not remove entire list?
(Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
11. RE: Machine in unresponsive (jsingh)
12.
deleting a list - rmlist does not remove entire list? -- NO WAY
(Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
13. Fw: [Mailman-Users] deleting a list - rmlist does not remove
entire
list? -- NO WAY (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
14. Help!!! (Duy Luong)
15. dumping a large list to a file (Scott R. Every)
Items 12 and 13 in particular illustrate the problem.

--
\ "My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted." -- Steven |
`\ Wright |

Search Discussions

  • Tokio Kikuchi at Jan 23, 2003 at 1:25 am
    Hi,
    Many of the topic lines are split at odd places, making reading them
    very arduous. Line breaks at the beginning of the topic or in the
    middle are not uncommon, and sometimes the line break is in the middle
    of a word!
    Try this patch.
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?funcÞtail&aidf8819&group_id3&atid00103

    12.
    deleting a list - rmlist does not remove entire list? -- NO WAY
    (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
    13. Fw: [Mailman-Users] deleting a list - rmlist does not remove
    entire
    list? -- NO WAY (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
    These lines are multiple line header originally. Current code wraps
    these lines separately. With the patch, lines are joind first before
    wrapping.

    http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/
  • Barry A. Warsaw at Jan 23, 2003 at 2:07 am
    "TK" == Tokio Kikuchi <tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp> writes:
    TK> These lines are multiple line header originally. Current code
    TK> wraps these lines separately. With the patch, lines are joind
    TK> first before wrapping.

    Nice!
    -Barry
  • Barry A. Warsaw at Jan 23, 2003 at 1:58 am
    "BF" == Ben Finney <bignose at zip.com.au> writes:
    BF> Many of the topic lines are split at odd places, making
    BF> reading them very arduous. Line breaks at the beginning of
    BF> the topic or in the middle are not uncommon, and sometimes the
    BF> line break is in the middle of a word!

    I know, but I haven't figured this one out yet.

    -Barry

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 23, '03 at 12:16a