Hi, all,

I just upgraded to Mailman 2.1, and apparently a change has been made in how
the From: header is contructed. I'd like to change it back.

The specific issue is that mail for each list appears to the client as from
<listname>-bounces at domain.com instead of as being from the actual sender,
which was the behavior previously.

It's a minor issue, but it's irritating a lot of my subscribers, so I'd like
to resolve it.

Thanks!

Tom

Search Discussions

  • Tom Maddox at Jan 23, 2003 at 8:22 pm

    Hi, all,

    I just upgraded to Mailman 2.1, and apparently a change has been
    made in how
    the From: header is contructed. I'd like to change it back.

    The specific issue is that mail for each list appears to the
    client as from
    <listname>-bounces at domain.com instead of as being from the actual sender,
    which was the behavior previously.

    It's a minor issue, but it's irritating a lot of my subscribers,
    so I'd like
    to resolve it.
    In addition to this problem, the Reply-To: header includes the short list
    description (not the title but the description). Is there any way to change
    *that*?
  • VLists.Net Support at Jan 24, 2003 at 4:39 pm
    -> On 12:22 PM 1/23/2003 -0800, Tom Maddox was quoted as saying...:

    ->In addition to this problem, the Reply-To: header includes the short list
    ->description (not the title but the description). Is there any way to change
    ->*that*?

    Here, Here! The "short list description" isn't so short in some cases and
    really botches up the reply line.
  • Jon Carnes at Jan 24, 2003 at 7:12 pm
    If you are a sysadmin on the server, you can modify the source to leave
    that out...

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com
  • Tom Maddox at Jan 24, 2003 at 8:31 pm

    If you are a sysadmin on the server, you can modify the source to leave
    that out...
    Well, yeah . . . I was hoping for something simpler.
  • Tom Maddox at Jan 29, 2003 at 8:15 pm
    Okay, I give--what source changes do I need to make to alter the default
    headers?
    If you are a sysadmin on the server, you can modify the source to leave
    that out...
    -> On 12:22 PM 1/23/2003 -0800, Tom Maddox was quoted as saying...:

    ->In addition to this problem, the Reply-To: header includes
    the short list
    ->description (not the title but the description). Is there
    any way to change
    ->*that*?

    Here, Here! The "short list description" isn't so short in
    some cases and
    really botches up the reply line.

    Searchable Archives:
    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com

    This message was sent to: tmaddox at thereinc.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/tmaddox%40thereinc.com
  • Jon Carnes at Jan 30, 2003 at 2:38 pm
    Sorry you didn't include all the previous message in your reply, so I'm
    guessing that you are talking about the digest messages...?

    For the Digest's you should look at one of the Handlers:
    ~mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py

    It looks like this is going to be a very simple hack for you to make!
    Good Luck - Jon Carnes

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com

    This message was sent to: tmaddox at thereinc.com

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com
  • Tom Maddox at Jan 30, 2003 at 7:06 pm

    Sorry you didn't include all the previous message in your reply, so I'm
    guessing that you are talking about the digest messages...?
    Sorry about that. No, I was referring to a message from a few days ago, in
    which I had asked how to alter the From: header from the default, which
    else. Also, I would like to change the Reply-To: so that it no longer
    refers to the short list description.

    Thanks,

    Tom

groupmailman-users @