Hi all,

I have been noticing since installing mailman from my RedHat 8.0 cd,
that I have been getting these cron job errors, they seem to vary, but
the main errors are:

Cron <mailman at eir> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/gate_news:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 40, in ?
from Mailman import MailList
File "/var/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 36, in ?
from Mailman import Utils
File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 32, in ?
import random
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/random.py", line 91, in ?
NV_MAGICCONST = 4 * _exp(-0.5)/_sqrt(2.0)
ValueError: math domain error

Cron <mailman at eir> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/qrunner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 84, in ?
from Mailman import Utils
File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 32, in ?
import random
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/random.py", line 91, in ?
NV_MAGICCONST = 4 * _exp(-0.5)/_sqrt(2.0)
ValueError: math domain error

I've done some hunting, but so far found nothing that I feel is relevant.

Could someone possably, explain what the errros mean and how I could fix
them.

Apart from these, mailman its is working perfectly ok, on an enclioed
private testing network.

Cheers

Mark

Search Discussions

  • Mark Cooke at Jan 20, 2003 at 9:26 pm
[...]

  • Danny Terweij at Jan 20, 2003 at 9:37 pm
    From: "Mark Cooke" <gen-lists at blueyonder.co.uk>
    Hi all,
    I have been noticing since installing mailman from my RedHat 8.0 cd,
    that I have been getting these cron job errors, they seem to vary, but
    the main errors are:
    Cron <mailman at eir> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/gate_news:
    Set your box a real domain name?
    Create a file : /etc/HOSTNAME
    And put there FDQN from box :)

    Maybe then it works right. But i could be wrong.....

    Danny
  • Mark Cooke at Jan 20, 2003 at 9:57 pm

    Danny Terweij wrote:

    Set your box a real domain name?
    Create a file : /etc/HOSTNAME
    And put there FDQN from box :)

    Maybe then it works right. But i could be wrong.....
    Thats what I was thinking, as this is a private internal tesing network,
    it has a madeup domainname, but local DNS resolves this correctly.

    The problem may be down to the two settings I had in mm_cfg.py.

    When I first set it up, I put the required information as specified, ie
    I set the hostname, but rather than sending mails from

    angelnet-announce-request at angelnet.int

    I was getting them from:

    angelnet-announce-request at eir.angelnet.int

    hence my options below:

    DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = 'angelnet.int'
    DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'mailman.angelnet.int'
    DEFAULT_URL = 'http://%s/mailman/' % DEFAULT_URL_HOST
    MAILMAN_OWNER = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

    my /etc/hosts is listed as below:

    127.0.0.1 eir.angelnet.int mailman mail localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.1.2 eir.angelnet.int eir

    FQDN: eir.angelnet.int

    Sorry is the above is incorect, but that was the only way I could
    resolve the problem.
    All mail on my domain , can be sent to someone at angelnet.int and it gets
    sorted correctly (by the mx address of the domain), but mailman seems to
    want to put the fqdn is there instead.

    Mark

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 20, '03 at 9:26p
activeJan 20, '03 at 9:57p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Cooke: 3 posts Danny Terweij: 1 post