Hello

I am looking at Mailman 2.1 and I really like the feature of a real name
associated with the email address, however I am unable to figure out how
to edit this except after they are subscribed from the "Membership List"
page. I have looked everywhere, isn't there a way to add there name at
the same time you subscribe them?

TIA
Con Wieland
UC Irvine

Search Discussions

  • Darrell Duane at Jan 14, 2003 at 9:06 pm
    Con,
    Its not documented, but there is a way to add the name..
    Just put the name in Parenthesis after the email address in the subscription
    window. I.e. dduane at duane.com (Darrell Duane)

    Now, my question is, how can we get the real names to show up in
    the subscriber list that shows up from the listinfo page...i.e.
    when you go to http://www.yourdomain.com/mailman/roster/yourlistname

    I only see the e-mail addresses of the members of the lists, not
    the names associated with them. Can the names be displayed as well?

    Thanks,
    Darrell

    This message was sent to: dduane at duane.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/dduane%40duane.com
  • Greg Westin at Jan 14, 2003 at 9:21 pm
    This should be in the FAQ, but basically any generally-accepted format
    should work. For example:

    "User 1" <user1 at test.domain.com>
    John Doe <jdoe at not.aol.com>
    Williams, Sam <sam.williams at mailman.net>

    Just make sure there's only one per line.

    To quote a message from me, quoting a message from Barry, found by
    searching the archives:

    ---
    To quote a message from Barry, found by searching the archives of this
    list,

    ---
    Actually, any format recognized by email.Utils.parseaddr() is
    acceptable:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-email.Utils.html

    so

    Anne Person <aperson at example.com>