I've released Mailman 2.1 beta 6. This is the last planned beta
release before MM2.1 final, which I still expect to release before the
end of the year. See below for a list of changes since 2.1b5. There
have been lots of bug fxes and lots of translations updates.

The new tarball has been uploaded to SourceForge, and the various web
sites will be updated shortly.

Enjoy,
-Barry

-------------------- snip snip --------------------
2.1 beta 6 (09-Dec-2002)

Lots and lots of bug fixes, and translation updates. Also,

- ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS is now set to true by default.

- QRUNNER_SAVE_BAD_MESSAGES is now set to true by default.

- Bounce messages which were recognized, but in which no member
addresses were found are no longer forwarded to the list
administrator.

- bin/arch grew a --wipe option which first removes the entire old
archive before regenerating the new one.

- bin/mailmanctl -u now prints a warning that permission problems
could appear, such as when trying to delete a list through the
web that has some archives in it.

- bin/remove_members grew --nouserack/-n and -noadminack/-N options.

- A new script bin/list_owners has been added for printing out
list owners and moderators.

- Dates in the web version of archived messages are now relative
to the local timezone, and include the timezone names, when
available.

Search Discussions

  • Scott R. Every at Dec 16, 2002 at 12:51 am
    does version 2.1 have any good way to export all the email addresses EXCEPT
    the ones with the nomail option set? using list_members gives ALL the
    emails regardless of whether this field is set. my data set is very
    large(>600k) so dumping the whole db is not an option(it took over 8
    hours). what i need is to be able to quickly dump just the current emails
    from a list.

    any advice would be welcome.

    thanks

    --On Tuesday, December 10, 2002 8:33 PM -0500 "Barry A. Warsaw"
[...]

    Searchable Archives:

    This message was sent to: scott at emji.net
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/scott%40emji.net
  • Jon Carnes at Dec 17, 2002 at 10:23 pm
    If worse comes to worse you can always use ~mailman/bin/dumpdb and dump
    out the user configuration section. The configuration is stored in a
    binary format (a number from 0-32) which is documented on this list as
    well as in ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py (I think).

    This message was sent to: scott at emji.net

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com
    Unsubscribe or change your options at
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com
  • Dan Mick at Dec 18, 2002 at 10:40 pm

    Scott R. Every wrote:

    does version 2.1 have any good way to export all the email addresses
    EXCEPT the ones with the nomail option set? using list_members gives
    ALL the emails regardless of whether this field is set.
    From the usage message:

    --nomail[=why] / -n [why]
    Print the members that have delivery disabled. Optional argument can
    be "byadmin", "byuser", "bybounce", or "unknown" which prints just the
    users who have delivery disabled for that reason. It can also be
    "enabled" which prints just those member for whom delivery is
    enabled.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 11, '02 at 1:33a