--
DG

Search Discussions

  • Danny Terweij at Nov 29, 2002 at 11:13 am
    From: "David Gordon" <davidgordon at ntlworld.com>
    /usr/bin/python: can't open file '/home/mailman/cron/gate_news'
    Using Mailman 2.0.13 with Sendmail...
    You must also delete the cronjob's from user mailman.
    And cleanup the aliases file.

    Danny.
  • David Gordon at Nov 29, 2002 at 12:06 pm
    Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl wrote on Fri 29 Nov 2002 at 12:13 +0100
    You must also delete the cronjob's from user mailman.
    Can you give me a further clue about that?
    And cleanup the aliases file.
    I don't want to do that as I want to try and re-install?

    --
    DG
  • Danny Terweij at Nov 29, 2002 at 12:25 pm
    From: "David Gordon" <davidgordon at ntlworld.com>
    Danny Terweij danny at terweij.nl wrote on Fri 29 Nov 2002 at 12:13 +0100
    You must also delete the cronjob's from user mailman.
    Can you give me a further clue about that?
    crontab -u mailman -l

    Do "man crontab" for more commands.

    Danny
  • David Gordon at Nov 29, 2002 at 3:06 pm
    Matthew Davis bigdog at dogpound.vnet.net wrote on Fri 29 Nov 2002 at 10:54 -0500
    If the user that you created the mailman program for is still created,
    Mmmmm. I deleted the user "mailman" and created a new user "mailman"
    before reinstalling....
    # crontab -u mailman -l
    Gets the result - "must be privileged to use -u"
    check /var/spool/cron if your running vixie-cron. a file for each user
    that has a crontab entry will be in that dir.
    I have an entry for mailman

    -rw------- 1 root mailman 1218 Nov 29 09:41 mailman

    which appears to be the current milman user's but I can't read it even as
    mailman...

    What I'd really like is a complete list of files to remove so I can start
    again...

    __
    DG
  • Matthew Davis at Nov 29, 2002 at 3:22 pm
    Thats being generated by the cron job. Remove the crontab that was installed with mailman.

    * David Gordon (davidgordon at ntlworld.com) wrote:
    What do I have to do to uninstall Mailman so I can start again with a
    'clean' server? I have removed the $prefix directory but the must be
    something else as I am getting mail to admin
    /usr/bin/python: can't open file '/home/mailman/cron/gate_news'
    Using Mailman 2.0.13 with Sendmail...
    --
    Matthew Davis
    http://dogpound.vnet.net/
    How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my right hand.
    Thursday, November 28, 2002 / 08:52PM

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 29, '02 at 8:34a