I've now got the Mailman web interface up and working for my first list.
However sending a message to test-request at mydomain1.tld (to get help)
results in the following mail error
Recipient "test-request at mydomain1.tld refused
on "smtp.mydomain1.tld"
5.7.1 <test-request at mydomain1.tld> ... Cannot
mail directly to programs
According to the Sendmail FAQs at <http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html>

Q3.11 -- Why can't my users forward their mail to a program?

" If you are willing to let users run programs from their .forward file
even though they cannot telnet or rsh in (as might be reasonable if you
run smrsh to control the list of programs they can run) then add the line:

/SENDMAIL/ANY/SHELL/

to /etc/shells. "

Er, can I/should I do that then? Or is there another/better/safer/correct
way to do this?

Thanks again!

DG

Search Discussions

  • Jon Carnes at Nov 11, 2002 at 4:07 pm
    What OS are running on? If Linux, what distribution and version number?

    If Red Hat then you are using smrsh and you need to setup wrapper so
    that it is defined/allowed by smrsh:
    su root
    cd /etc/smrsh
    ln -s ~mailman/mail/wrapper wrapper

    done!

    Also, check out the Mailman FAQ, entry 3.14:
    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp

    I've tried to compile in one spot all the various problems/solutions for
    Mail not going out to the list - at least the solutions that have come
    across the list in the past two months.

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes
    ===

    This message was sent to: jonc at nc.rr.com