Hello all,

I just subscribed to the list and I am in need of some help. I just
installed Mailman off of the Mandrake 9.0 disc set and went to
/var/lib/mailman/bin/ and executed newlist and added a list called test1.
As list owner, I received an email stating that the list has been created.
I added a couple of users. I tried sending an email to
test1 at norvanet.com and my mail server sent a reply "unknown user". I am
using postfix for my mail server. Any ideas why I got this message
instead of it going to the list?

Thanks for the help.

--
Johnathon B. Allread
A+, MCP, MCSA, Linux User

Search Discussions

  • Jacek Wojaczynski at Nov 10, 2002 at 4:39 pm

    I added a couple of users. I tried sending an email to
    test1 at norvanet.com and my mail server sent a reply "unknown user". I am
    using postfix for my mail server. Any ideas why I got this message
    instead of it going to the list?
    Have you added the appropriate aliases?

    --
    kocurek
  • Johnathon B. Allread - East Coast Computers at Nov 10, 2002 at 5:00 pm