I'm getting this error:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 6, GOT gid 26. (Reconfigure to take 26?)
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

And I know what it means, but it doesn't seem obvious as to where to change
this GID value without having to go in and recompile the entire source tree.

It would be nice to have a gui that can be used to tune all of these
variables in Mailman. Is that planned for 2.1?

_F

Search Discussions

  • Richard Barrett at Nov 4, 2002 at 4:37 pm

    Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 6, GOT gid 26. (Reconfigure to take 26?)
    554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

    And I know what it means, but it doesn't seem obvious as to where to
    change this GID value without having to go in and recompile the entire
    source tree.
    The GIDs are compiled into the mail and cgi wrappers which is why you have
    to go back to config and make when the GIDs are wrong
    It would be nice to have a gui that can be used to tune all of these
    variables in Mailman. Is that planned for 2.1?
    It would compromise the security gained from compiled setgid wrappers if
    you could change them after doing the make, so do not expect a change

    _F

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 3, '02 at 3:50a