warren woodward
XMission DSL
Domo/Mailman
warrenw at xmission.com
(801) 303-0819
(877) XMISSION

Search Discussions

  • Warren Woodward at Sep 26, 2002 at 8:18 pm
    (second post, this time with the proper reply-to)

    Forgive me for bringing up what must be an old and common error, but I'll
    be damned if I can find any source for help. One of our users managed to
    change the base URL of his list to an invalid path, and has of course
    broken everything. The help files say simply that this must be fixed at
    the server command line by the administrator, but how I do this has
    utterly slipped past my perception.

    If someone could point me to an appropriate README of FAQ, I'd be humbly
    appreciative. This is driving me nuts.

    --
    warren woodward
    XMission DSL
    warrenw at xmission.com
    (801) 303-0819
    (877) XMISSION
  • Jon Carnes at Sep 26, 2002 at 8:59 pm
    The simplest solution is to go to the list config files
    (~mailman/lists/<listname>/..) and:
    mv config.db bak.config.db
    cp config.db.last config.db

    Presto change-o the list will work again.

    warrenw at xmission.com
    (801) 303-0819
    (877) XMISSION

  • Jon Carnes at Sep 27, 2002 at 2:04 pm
    Fear not! The next easiest way to fix this is by using
    ~mailman/bin/config_list:

    You can dump out the configuration of the list and then edit the
    Web-base. Next, dump the edit configuration back into the list!

    ~mailman/bin/config_list -o goober.txt <listname>
    vi goober.txt
    web_page_url = "http://bogus address that needs editing"
    ~mailman/bin/config_list -i goober.txt <listname>

    ===

    Good Luck - Jon Carnes