Hi

It's quiet in here!!

A question - I have installed mailman on my Mitel SMEserver (rehat 7.0,
Qmail). Internet connection is via an IpCop box to ADSL.

The DHCP and DNS run in the IpCop box.

Internally my domain is bjsystems.co.uk, but i do not host the web site
www.bj.... , it is held at my ISP

When a confirmation email arrives from mailman the web link is
<whatever>.bjsystems.co.uk I need this to be my dynamic DNS address, not
the internal domain name, as the <whatever>.bjsystems.co.uk does not
resolve on my network to the server web page.

I have tried changing the parameter in the General options (Host name this
list prefers for email), but it does not seem to make any difference to the
contents of the emails sent out.

TIA

Brian

Brian J Read
www.bjsystems.co.uk
www.abandonmicrosoft.co.uk
www.theonlineorganiser.com
www.thepersonalknowledgebase.com
+44 1695 723723

Search Discussions

  • Brian Read at Sep 5, 2002 at 3:46 pm
    Hi

[...]

  • Jules Siegel at Sep 5, 2002 at 4:22 pm
    The confirmation feature doesn't work at all on my installation. I'd really
    like this to function, as it makes it much more feasible to do a one-time,
    opt-in mailing. I am attempting to set up an announcement list for press
    releases to media contacts. These are all public addresses that are
    supposedly open to receive press releases, but I much prefer a specific
    confirmation, to a clumsy opt-out.

    Any ideas on this?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 5, '02 at 3:38p
activeSep 5, '02 at 4:22p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Brian Read: 2 posts Jules Siegel: 1 post