I've just set up a list, and everything is working peachy except for
one thing; when someone posts to the list, the To: field is getting
rewritten with a different domain. For example, if I compose an email
addressed to "listname at lists.domain.com" and send it, everyone gets the
posting just fine, but when it is delivered, the To: field has the
address "listname at boxname.domain.com" instead. At first I thought this
might be an MTA issue (in this case, sendmail), but after running some
tests with other addresses that are not getting rewritten, it looks like
the issue is with mailman. I have configured DEFAULT_HOST_NAME and also
went into the web interface and set "Hostname this list prefers", but it
still happens. What else can I configure and/or check to debug?

John Buttery

The problem with pointing to the Nazis or the Gestapo
exclusively is that it allows us the safety of saying,
"Well, it happened just there, and only once, *we* could
never fall for that."

(Web page temporarily unavailable)