Mailman users:

I would like to use Mailman for our lists, but to do so, I will require
one modification. I am wondering 1) if the change will be difficult to
make, and 2) if anyone else has done it.

What we need is the addition of first and last name records for all of our
members. We already have text files in the following format:

joeuser at somehost.com (Joe User)
janeuser at somehost.com (Jane User)

I know I can import these address minus the parenthetical information, but
for us, that is very important. So I'm looking for a way to make Mailman
include the names in it's database, and also, if possible, show this
information on the "Membership Management" page. This will allow for easy
associations between names and email addresses--something that is very
important for our organization.

How difficult will this be to accomplish?

Eric

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 23, '02 at 1:54p