I have recently begun enforcing a plain text only policy based on the
instructions in FAQ 3.10:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.10
(adding header values to Privacy Options -> Spam-specific posting
filters, e.g. Content-Type: .*mixed)

The problem is that this has cast the net a little too wide. At least
one subscriber use AVG virus protection software, which adds a text
attachment to every e-mail. This results in a header of
multipart/mixed, so the post gets held as having a suspicious header.

More specifically, an example of a complete Content-type line is
boundary="Boundary_(ID_Pcxr7Y3chQ46Gj8lLo/M5A)"; x-avg-checked=avg-ok

Is there anyway to match against "x-avg-checked", say, so that posts
will be held if they include .*mixed, but not x-avg-checked. I tried
but this doesn't seem to work. (I couldn't find any details about the
regex syntax that mailman supports.)

Thanks
Tim

Search Discussions

  • Mike Noyes at Jul 16, 2002 at 3:42 pm

[...]

    Tim,
    A (?!...) Python negative lookahead assertion would be the preferred
    solution, but I was unable to make it work with Mailman 2.0.x versions.
    Barry stated that this will not be the case in 2.1.x.

    If anyone knows how to get negative lookahead assertions to work in
    Mailman 2.0.x versions, please enlighten me. Thanks.

    ref.
    http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users at python.org/msg09651.html

    http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
    http://leaf-project.org/
  • Alex wetmore at Jul 16, 2002 at 5:15 pm