My ISP is running version 2.01 of Mailman on their Linux 7.2 box.

I have 2 mailman lists. One is fine. However twice now I have experienced a
mail loop where all digest members received the same digest every 1minute or
so. The only thing I could do is to delete the list as my ISP could not stop
it (as a side note I only have access to the list through the admin web
pages and cannot export the membership list which is a MAJOR problem for me
to get it backed up- I cannot run scripts on the server).

I have found out the following with the mail loop:

Both times the last letter in the digest was from the same person and the
header was:

---------------------------------
First digest causing a mail loop
--------------------------------

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C20722.AE6062B0

------------------------------
Second digest causing the loop:
--------------------------------

--__--__--

As you can see, I cannot tell what this is but have seen it on other members
posts as well.

The other coincedence was that the two mail loops occurred 1 week apart
which is the time when the program creates a new archived volume.

Not sure if these are related but this is a real problem. When I re-create
the list I have to have the server rebooted first or I cannot get into the
admin area via my browser.

Again not sure what this all means but my ISP is stumped. I wonder if anyone
can help with some advice??

WAyne

Search Discussions

  • Marc MERLIN at Jun 4, 2002 at 4:20 am