I just installed the latest mailman from ports on FreeBSD running Postfix.
I setup a test list but anytime I send mail to it, it gets bounced with
the error unknown user "test"

May 16 12:59:56 watchdog postfix/local[9674]: CE86FCEBF:
to=<test at watchdog.sytes.net>, relay=local, delay=1, status=bounced
(unknown user: "test")

I have updated my alias file and set my crons. My permissions are set
correctly too. Do I need to adduser for each mailing list name i create?

- Adam

Search Discussions

  • Ashley M. Kirchner at May 16, 2002 at 5:55 pm

    doyle wrote:

    I have updated my alias file and set my crons. My permissions are set
    correctly too. Do I need to adduser for each mailing list name i create?
    I don't know what MTA you're running, but you may need to update that alias
    file after you've modified it. Under sendmail, you type 'newaliases'....

    --
    W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
    Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley at pcraft.com> . 303.442.6410 x130

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 16, '02 at 5:52p
activeMay 16, '02 at 5:55p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Doyle: 1 post Ashley M. Kirchner: 1 post