When I try, with Mailman 2.1b1 (yes, I put it into production, and no, I
haven't upgraded to 2.1b2 yet), to use the mailpasswds command, it's giving
me this.

bash-2.05# ./mailpasswds
Site list is missing: mailman

Any ideas on how to fix this? In my Defaults.py I've got:

MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

which should be unmodified (since one should use mm_cfg.py, IIRC).

Chris Wiegand
Network Admin / Programmer
Signal BHN

Search Discussions

  • Barry A. Warsaw at May 17, 2002 at 10:29 pm
    "CW" == Chris Wiegand <chrisw at signalbhn.org> writes:
    CW> When I try, with Mailman 2.1b1 (yes, I put it into production,
    CW> and no, I haven't upgraded to 2.1b2 yet), to use the
    CW> mailpasswds command, it's giving me this.
    bash-2.05# ./mailpasswds
    Site list is missing: mailman
    CW> Any ideas on how to fix this? In my Defaults.py I've got:

    CW> MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

    CW> which should be unmodified (since one should use mm_cfg.py,
    CW> IIRC).

    Did you create the `mailman' list? :)

    -Barry
  • Chrisw at May 18, 2002 at 2:58 am
    I must admit, I don't think I did.... I just have an everyone and a testing
    list. I don't remember reading that I needed a mailman list.. did I skip
    something in the docs?

    "CW" == Chris Wiegand <chrisw at signalbhn.org> writes:
    CW> When I try, with Mailman 2.1b1 (yes, I put it into production,
    CW> and no, I haven't upgraded to 2.1b2 yet), to use the
    CW> mailpasswds command, it's giving me this.
    bash-2.05# ./mailpasswds
    Site list is missing: mailman
    CW> Any ideas on how to fix this? In my Defaults.py I've got:

    CW> MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'mailman'

    CW> which should be unmodified (since one should use mm_cfg.py, CW>
    IIRC).

    Did you create the `mailman' list? :)

    -Barry

groupmailman-users @