I installed mailman and everything seems to work fine up until a user gets
the confirmation message. After that, mailman puts the person into a
"pending" status. Unfortunately this status doesn't get updated and users
won't get subscribed to the list.

I've tried almost everything, and I can't come up with a solution. In
administration -- privacy setings, I selected "confirm". There might be a
permissions problem, because when I do chmod -R a+rwx /home/mailman the
pending status turns into "new" in the subscribe log, and users get their
welcome email. But when I do that, everything breaks and mailman says it
encountered a bug.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 14, '02 at 10:41p
activeMay 14, '02 at 10:41p