Whenever I use the admin-interface with konqueror I get the following
problem:

"Error decoding authorization cookie" after the first submit of
configs. This "sure" is a problem with mailman, cause I use konqueror
very frequently and never got a similar message before.
Dont have problems with any other browser but with all konquerors I
tried ..

peter

Search Discussions

  • Juri Haberland at Apr 16, 2002 at 8:56 am

    pilsl at goldfisch.at wrote:
    Whenever I use the admin-interface with konqueror I get the following
    problem:

    "Error decoding authorization cookie" after the first submit of
    configs. This "sure" is a problem with mailman, cause I use konqueror
    very frequently and never got a similar message before.
    Dont have problems with any other browser but with all konquerors I
    tried ..
    Hmm, so if all other browsers work, why is it a problem of Mailman and
    not Konqueror?

    Btw, Konqueror 3.0 works fine for me, but 2.x didn't.

    Cheers,
    Juri

    then each of us still has one object.
    If each of us have one idea, and we exchange them,
    then each of us now has two ideas.
  • Pilsl at Apr 16, 2002 at 10:42 am

    Whenever I use the admin-interface with konqueror I get the following
    problem:

    "Error decoding authorization cookie" after the first submit of
    configs. This "sure" is a problem with mailman, cause I use konqueror
    very frequently and never got a similar message before.
    Dont have problems with any other browser but with all konquerors I
    tried ..
    Hmm, so if all other browsers work, why is it a problem of Mailman and
    not Konqueror?

    cause konqueror doesnt have problems with cookies on any other webpage
    :) ok - those arguments dont strike. seems there is an incompatibility
    between konqueror 2.x and mailman 2..9.x.

    maybe its better with mailman 2.1 or I need to upgrade to konquerer
    3.0 ...

    thnx,
    peter
    Btw, Konqueror 3.0 works fine for me, but 2.x didn't.

    Cheers,
    Juri

    then each of us still has one object.
    If each of us have one idea, and we exchange them,
    then each of us now has two ideas.

  • Harald Koch at Apr 16, 2002 at 2:56 pm

    cause konqueror doesnt have problems with cookies on any other webpage
    :) ok - those arguments dont strike.
    How would you know?

    My employer's software uses base64-encoded data for session cookies;
    Konquerer (unknown version) returns them to us mangled also. I suggest
    you look there first.

    --
    Harald Koch <chk at pobox.com>
  • J C Lawrence at Apr 16, 2002 at 5:29 pm

    "Error decoding authorization cookie" after the first submit of
    configs. This "sure" is a problem with mailman, cause I use konqueror
    very frequently and never got a similar message before. Dont have
    problems with any other browser but with all konquerors I tried ..
    Hmm, so if all other browsers work, why is it a problem of Mailman and
    not Konqueror?
    This is a known problem, that IIRC was based on bugs in Konqueror. See
    the list archives for details.

    --
    J C Lawrence
    claw at kanga.nu He lived as a devil, eh?